Friday, April 5, 2013

I'm Back....

....back in the blogging groove! Has anyone seen that commercial where the couple is road trippin' it across the country until they end up in NYC? That song is now constantly stuck in my head. Anywho, while being absent from blogland we have conquered several DIY projects I'd like to catch you up on. So, over the next few days I will be posting all that you have missed.

First off, let's talk about the "Vintage door corner shelf". After perusing through several antique stores, I quickly fell in love with these pieces, but not the prices. (Some were priced as much as $1200.yikes!) So, my talented husband made me one himself for less than $60! I absolutely love the way it adds interest to our upstairs hallway. Everyone has a corner in their home that could use some love. Ours is painted a creamy white and lightly distressed for a cottage feel. He added a gold plated crystal knob for just the right touch of elegance. I couldn't be more Pleased!




 
Linda, from Craftaholics anonymous has a great DIY door corner shelf tutorial that you can follow, here.


No comments:

Post a Comment